Dishy recipe note: This salad is a gorgeous as you are! The light green fennel and vibrant orange segments are punctuated by pretty pink cranberries. You can use pomegranate seeds if you’d like, too. The antioxidant power in this fruit, veggie and nut combo dish will feed your skin and your craving for crunch.
- 4 Navel oranges
- ¼ cup Craisins® (sweetened, dried cranberries)
- 1 head (bulb) fresh fennel
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted and cooled
- Segment the oranges, reserving ½ cup orange juice. In a small bowl, combine orange juice and craisins® so the cranberries can plump.
- Clean the fennel and trim and remove any browned or bruised areas. Cut the fronds off and reserve. Shave the fennel crosswise using the finest slicing blade on the food processor or a mandolin. In a large bowl, toss the shaved fennel with the orange segments, olive oil and salt. Mince 1 Tablespoon of the green fennel fronds and toss into the salad. Add the plumped craisins® and orange juice and gently toss to combine. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving so the flavors can develop. Season to taste with salt as needed.
- Serve cold and garnish with the toasted almonds and some of the fennel fronds.